torsdag den 21. februar 2008

Best. Blogpost. Ever.

... and my first, so welcome to my new and shiny blog! Nice to have you drop by.

I think it's only proper to introduce myself before I go on with the content of the blog. My name is Morannon. I'm a level 60 Feral Tank on the Darksorrow server (known to some as Lagsorrow). My guild has just fusioned with a few other danish guilds to create the Danish Legacy guild. As I haven't really been in the game that long, or tried other guilds and guilddrama for that matter, I might be biased here, but it seems like a solid unit already. Friendly folks mostly and with a desire to see some of the more interesting endgame content before the Wrath of the Lich King is upon us. I look forward to doing some guildruns in the future instead of pretty much just PUG'ing - though the quality of these have improved in Outland. Sometimes someone even uses Omen...

As for myself. I'm 27 years old and studies political science in Aarhus, Denmark. I've been playing WoW for about a year now, but had a long break during the fall. I've played almost all classes apart from paladins before I found my niche as a druid. I really enjoy the diversity of the class as I levelled through Azeroth. Need a tank? Sure. The healer just left? I'll strap on my healing gear. Got a spare dps-slot? Ok, kittyform incoming.
I enjoyed my other toons as well, but I've found that I really prefer to either heal or tank an instance - and I can't really tell which one i enjoy the most. The answer to my problem - shapeshifting! As I get closer to the endgame healing as feral specced proved increasingly harder at first and then as I moved into Outlands almost impossible (atleast for me). So after 60 levels of versitality I'm facing ten more levels of tanking or dps. Still the Outlands instances seem sooo much more fun. More intesting trashpulls and the bosses are starting to use some nifty little tricks. Great fun and even greater loot!

So, what's the point of this blog? I'm actually not sure. At first I'll try and give it a shot and see if it's any fun, and while doing so sharing my thoughts on pre-70 tanking (Oh, how I long for lacerate!) and on settling on a spec for my life as a level 70. The first part will most likely be composed of equal parts of how not to pull, tank or move learned the hard way and childish joy of learning the right (or atleast functional) way of marking, pulling and tanking. Spiced up with the agonies of PUGs, quests and real life interventions. The latter part will consist of me trying to make up my mind whether to go Tank, Resto or Boomkin as I turn the big 70. I'm quite fond of both PvP'ing and instances, and really like both to tank and heal, but the BigBrownBird is just a lure of its own. More on all of that later.

I'll finish with a short explanation of the blogs title. I'm playing the game from a MacBook and enjoyed fps between 20 and 30 in Azeroth. Once I hit Outland these plummeted to a measely 10-15 with dives to 5-6 in certain instances and Shattrath. In close quarterfighting and with a less than stellar pull (read two or more groups of mobs) my game turn into stopmotion. Makes marking on the fly a pest and clicking on mobs to target them a gazillion times harder. It might be the reason why I like to have everything planned before the pull (and end up loving it when the plan goes through the window and everything but kitchen sink is flying in all directions).

Stop. Motion. Tanking.
Best. Thing. Ever.
Need. New. Computer.

This ended a bit in a blur, but I hope I'll manage to keep some sort of structure in the posts. I'll return to work now, and carry on wondering if I should buy a gaming pc or turn resto. Hmmm, decisions, decisions, decisions...

Best of luck to all who've stuck with me this far :)

Ingen kommentarer: